Our experienced Automation Manager will have mechanical engineering, project management and manufacturing industry experience. Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of the Automation department and facilitate efficient manufacturing operations. This role is responsible for leading the day-to-day flow of work through the Automation department in support of Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc.’s products and services.Essential Functions
- Oversee work related to product assembly, machining, cost-effective operations, and delivery of quality products.
- Advise management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations and/or inter-department relations.
- Supervise machining operations, ensuring all work is performed accurately and according to quality and safety standards.
- Provide project direction and leadership to a team of 3-5 manual and CNC machinists.
- Generate quotes for automation projects, machined components, assemblies, and welding.
- Solicit quotes from new and established vendors (i.e. material, plating, heat treat, etc.).
- Suggest and implement recommendations to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Update and maintain weekly production schedule.
- Guide procurement of raw materials, hardware, and original equipment for incoming projects. Coordinate secondary processes for existing projects.
- Review equipment and tool requisitions created by the team.
- Inter-department communication regarding pertinent information with associates and leadership is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, project management
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing and/or production industry(ies)
- 3+ years as a lead, supervisor, manager, or other leadership role(s)
- Exemplary customer service, responsiveness and outstanding relationship building
- Effectively communicate with all levels of associates, suppliers and customers
- Excellent communication skills both; verbal and written
- Ability to lead/mentor, discipline if necessary, and further develop manufacturing associates
- Competence in the operation and performance of manual tools: tool room and engine lathes, grinders, 3/4 axis mills, and bandsaws as well as CNC equipment
- Proficient in the use of computers and programs to include Microsoft Office
- Ability to understand GD&T tolerances and apply them where necessary in the processing of hard & soft metals and plastics
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems experience (Globalshop)
- Solidworks (any CAD software)
- Ability to actively manage problem-solving activities with root cause analysis and other problem-solving tools & methodologies
- Ability to apply logic to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or drawings/models form.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Standing for extended periods on hard surfaces
- Regular physical movement and exertion
- Constant movement; up/down from sitting position, walking, stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs, infrequently
Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company.
Copyright 2021 - Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.