Our experienced CMM Programmer/Quality Inspector will report to the Quality Assurance Manager. The Quality Inspector is required to approve both in-house and vendor supplied products based on requirements provided in drawings, product literature and documentation, develop, maintain and generate CMM programs used to inspect and verify production materials and components. The role requires previous experience, innovation, understands time sensitive projects and exudes natural leadership within the Quality Assurance team.Essential Functions
- Demonstrate proficiency in programming, setting up, and operating CMM machines daily.
- Perform 1st piece approval, daily in process and final inspections in accordance with inspection documents and sampling procedure.
- Interpret GD&T and inspecting to the standard.
- Carry out and document mechanical, dimensional and visual inspections of small machined parts to ensure compliance with applicable drawings, inspection documents and/or contractual requirements by using equipment such as calipers, drop indicators, micrometers, various gauges, comparators, etc.
- Is responsible for the efficient setup and inspection of parts on multiple CMM’s and supporting the manufacturing team from first article inspection to final inspection.
- High school diploma or GED required, preferred vocational school or an apprenticeship
- 5+ yrs. as Quality Assurance/ Control Inspector in a manufacturing environment
- 4+ yrs. CMM Programming experience within PC-DMIS software preferred, but not required
- Will be required to perform competency by presenting a portfolio of work and experience
- Experience in setup and inspection of parts on multiple CMM’s supporting the manufacturing team from first article inspection to final inspection
- Must have a positive attitude with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Communicate to peers of various departments for consistency & accuracy
- Assist in leading other inspectors (quality team members) within the area
- Ability to inspect, test and measure materials, products, installations or work for conformance to specifications
- Knowledge of metal properties and other material
- Outstanding mathematical skills and analytical abilities
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, punctual and regular attendance
- Available to work weekends and overtime
- Prolonged periods of standing on hard, concrete surfaces
- Extended periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
- Visual abilities; close/distant, color, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company.
Copyright 2020 - Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.