Our experienced CNC Machinists are responsible for setup, operation of and maintenance of CNC equipment, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machineability of materials, and layout techniques.Essential Functions
- Follow established processes, quality and safety standards with continuous improvement initiative of existing and continuous parts.
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments, such as micrometers or vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools; lathes, milling machines, shapers, and grinders.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
- Set up, adjust, and operate machines to perform precision machining operations.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Confer with CNC programmers to check and ensure that new programs or machinery will function properly and that output will meet specifications.
- Diagnose machine tool malfunctions, determining adjustments or repairs.
- Dispose of scrap or waste material in accordance with company policies and environmental regulations.
- Ensure work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- H.S. diploma or GED required, preferred associates, vocational school and/or on the job experience
- 5+ years’ experience in CNC operation and programming
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathe, grinders, mills, etc.)
- Must have a positive attitude with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to read, interpret drawings/blueprints and follow routers
- Knowledge of metal properties and other material
- Participate in safety training and shop meetings.
- Outstanding mathematical skills and analytical abilities
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, punctual and regular attendance
- Available to work weekends and overtime
- Continuous use of dexterity, manual/hand control and touch of objects
- Regular and continuous use of repetitive motion
- Continually standing for long periods and on hard surfaces
- Intermittent time spending bending or twisting the body
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
- Frequent exposure to various metal scraps and materials
- Visual abilities; close/distant, color, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company.
Copyright 2021 - Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.