Our experienced CNC Swiss Lathe Programmer/Lead role will develop programs using Esprit programming software and setup plan of CNC Swiss lathe turning centers, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machineability of materials, and layout techniques. Our CNC Swiss Programmer(s) are leaders to machinists.Essential Functions
- Developing programs using Esprit software for new parts on mulit axis Swiss lathes.
- Programming and setup plan of CNC Swiss lathe turning centers.
- Programming 5th axis machines and parts, use of Fanuc controls.
- Interpret technical drawings and set up the machines in accordance with applicable standards.
- Perform quality assurance tests to ensure products meet design specifications.
- Adjust Swiss lathe cutting paths or settings to optimize production while maintaining quality.
- Consider tools required to cut particular materials and program Swiss lathes accordingly.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with Swiss lathes as they arise.
- Perform basic machine maintenance such as cleaning and sharpening.
- Develop fixture design and processes for production of parts.
- Continuous improvement initiatives of existing and continuous production parts.
- Ensure work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Transfer of details and important instructions are essential.
- Consistent communication with peers in department and management.
- Maintain knowledge of Swiss lathe industry processes and tool information.
- Train new employees to properly operate CNC Swiss lathes and programs.
- Follow established processes and quality and safety standards.
- Perform multiple tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously while performing various other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required, preferred vocational school or an apprenticeship
- 5+ years’ experience programming Swiss lathes machines/parts
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders, mills, etc.)
- Must have a positive attitude with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Ability to read, interpret drawings/blueprints and follow routers
- Knowledge of metal properties and other material
- Outstanding mathematical skills and analytical abilities
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, punctual and regular attendance
- Available to work weekends and overtime
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Capable of standing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
- Visual abilities; close/distant, color, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company.
Copyright 2020 - Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.