Our Delivery Driver/Utility team player will play an essential role in our overall operations. We expect our Delivery Driver to be concerned with customer satisfaction and transporting items in a safe, timely manner. The right candidate is willing to work as part of the operations team in order to ensure that the items are complete, packed correctly, and safely delivered to the correct client. Delivery driving is an essential part of this role but, there are many other utility team player components; recycle consolidation, trash/waste, restroom restock, sweeping, mopping and any other task of ensuring operable standards.
- Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints from clients.
- Collaborate with shipping/receiving on reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete and the customer is satisfied.
- Operating equipment and machines, such as cars, trucks, forklifts, etc.
- Preparing reports and other documents relating to deliveries.
- Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicles.
- Loading, transporting, and delivering items to clients or businesses in a safe, timely manner.
- Collaborate with purchasing and shipping/receiving on 5-S standards.
- Assist in shop floor cleanliness in and around machines for safety purposes.
- Maintain overall support in operations; change light bulbs, restroom restocking, moving heavy items around for reorganizing – a true versatile team player.
- Maintain logs for accuracy and accountability; daily, weekly, monthly
- Ability perform multiple tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously while performing various other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1 year driving experience and clean driving record
- A valid, unexpired driver’s license (MVR report required)
- Proficiency using GPS devices/navigation systems
- Must have a positive attitude and willing to help whenever/wherever
- Demonstrated ability to get along with all types of personalities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and good verbal communication
- Forklift certified (preferred) or willing to become certified (required)
- Ability to drive company vehicle throughout the KC metropolitan area
- Excellent vision and hand-eye coordination to stay safe while driving
- Standing for extended periods on hard surfaces
- Ability to lift heavy objects and load them into delivery truck
- Physical stamina and upper body strength to lift heavy items, up to 75lbs (+)
- Continuous movement; reaching, pulling, lifting, bending, stooping, standing, moving
- Visual abilities; close and distant vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Copyright 2020 - Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.