Our experienced Information Technology Specialist will provide technical support in all aspects of our company’s information technology infrastructure consistently and correctly. This role works closely with all personnel to ensure hardware, software, networks, and servers are meeting our operating needs to serve our customers.Essential Functions
User/Server Technical Support
- Provide direct IT support to users across the organization.
- Provide technical assistance with computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Resolve computer systems configuration, set up, and maintenance needs.
- Troubleshoot computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Administer users, passwords, Office365 and Windows operating systems.
- Help users access shared drives and devices.
- Work directly with an organization’s servers and networks, performing setup, enhancement, and maintenance tasks.
- Monitor and maintain our computer systems in operating efficiently.
- Troubleshoot problems, configure hardware and software.
- Implement back up processes and assess systems for upgrades or replacement.
- Install new systems and assessing and implementing upgrades as needed.
- Conduct an analysis of computer systems needs and upgrade/update as needed.
- Maintain security protocols and procedures to prevent potential threats.
- Monitor access logs and building database security procedures.
- Install and manage systems, conduct updates, create passwords and run check for viruses and spyware.
- Configure network security settings and connect peripheral devices, printers and scanners.
- Develop policies for email security, and perform periodic data audits and backups to prevent information loss and unauthorized access.
- Document processes, as well as backing up and archiving data.
- Developing data retrieval and recovery procedures.
- Keep up to date with advancements and best practices in IT administration.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in computer science required, bachelor’s preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in similar role and applicable professional certifications
- Extensive experience with IT systems, networks, and related technologies
- Thorough competence in desktop and network support, active directory maintenance and Office365 administration
- Ability to work well and get along with others, highly interactive role
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Detail oriented self-starter, motivated worker, well organized and able to handle multiple tasks and problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to problem solve and remain calm under high-pressure situations
- Must possess very solid project and time management skills
- Ability to work with others in a team environment and to give/receive feedback
- Must have a positive, “can do” attitude – “jump in” and help out wherever needed
- Sitting for extended periods of time at a desk
- Visual stamina for long duration of computer use
- Ability to infrequently stand; up/down from sitting position, walking, stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 30-50 pounds, infrequently
Click here to send your resume.
Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company.
Copyright 2021 - Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.