Our efficient Purchasing Agent will prepare purchase orders, assist in supplier development and provide ERP support to ensure effectiveness. This role oversees: two associates, logistics and building maintenance. The Purchasing Agent must work closely with supply chain contacts, finance, and operations to ensure project effectiveness.Essential Functions
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for raw material and services.
- Determine the most suitable suppliers in terms of reliability, product quality and cost efficiency.
- Maintain inventory of raw material, supplies and operatives.
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Identify problems, evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Develop solid working relationships with others, and maintain them.
- Work in a flexible team work environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Monitor logistics; schedule timely delivery of parts and oversee shipping/receiving.
- Oversee building maintenance for consistent cleanliness for our associates.
- Advocate for a clean and organized environment. Assist operations in 5S.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure a positive customer experience, and foster customer relationships as their partner in precision.
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in business, procurement, or related field (preferable)
- 5+ years’ experience as a purchasing agent or in a similar position, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; Outlook, Excel and Word
- Thorough competence in databases, spreadsheets, and ERP systems
- Must have ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Active listening, critical thinking and cost-effective decision making are required
- Ability to remain calm under difficult and high-pressure situations
- Proficient ability to detect errors and inconsistencies
- Ability to work with others in a team environment and to give/receive feedback
- Must bring others together to try to reconcile differences
- Must have a positive, “can do” attitude – “jump in” and help out wherever needed
- Ability to sit for long hours at a time
- Ability to stand and walk spontaneously throughout the day
- Standing on concrete surfaces for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 30-50 pounds, infrequently
Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company.
Copyright 2021 - Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.