Our (Metal) Saw Operator position is our entry role into machining and manufacturing with Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. Several of our associates have fulfilled this role and launched into other roles within the company. This role requires attention to detail, patience and thinking through the process and the end use of products to be successful.Essential Functions
- Be capable of performing all aspects of the Saw Operator, working with other employees as part of a team, and be prompt and on time daily for work.
- Work safely and adhere to Burger & Brown Engineering's safety policies.
- Be willing to take and follow direction from area supervision.
- Have the ability and desire to become efficient with part recognition, and learn all aspects of job as required.
- Be proficient at setup and adjusting process parameters of equipment.
- Be able to cross train on various machines.
- Perform visual inspections.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers or micrometers.
- Use measuring devices to ensure material specifications.
- Position all metal pieces for cutting properly.
- Adjust controls to set depth and speed of all cuts.
- Perform quality control inspections on finished cut products.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor adjustments to saw.
- Maintain equipment and ensure work area is clean and safe at all times.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on saw equipment.
- Continually demonstrate a productive and non-disruptive work ethic.
- Be able to perform multiple tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously while performing various other duties as assigned.
- Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
- H.S. diploma or GED required, prefer vocational school or apprenticeship
- Experience in using manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines
- Must have a positive attitude with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot
- Knowledge of metal properties and other material
- Outstanding mathematical skills and analytical abilities
- Excellent manual dexterity, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and teambuilding skills
- Standing for extended periods on hard surfaces
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items, up to 75 pounds
- Continuous movement; reaching, pulling lifting, bending, stooping, standing
- Visual abilities; close and distant vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company.
Copyright 2021 - Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.