Our experienced Automation Manual Machinist role will set up and operate conventional and special-purpose machinery to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machineability of materials, and layout techniques.Job Duties
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to read prints, do setups, use and apply micrometers and calipers a must.
- Assists in day to day troubleshooting and resolutions.
- Support and drive the success of Global Shop Solutions Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Oversees all packing/kitting; monitors inventory for accuracy and ensures production demand is met.
- Meet personal, department and company performance objectives for productivity, quality, and strive for continuous improvement.
- High level of involvement and problem solving, in managing all aspects of customer and company expectations.
- Identify and prioritize outbound goods and coordinate scheduling accordingly.
- Count, sort, and/or weigh inbound goods to ensure accurate receipt of items.
- Communicate with production and inventory control departments to resolve discrepancies.
- Perform cycle counts and work with production control to manage discrepancies.
- Ability perform multiple tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously while performing various other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required, preferred vocational school and/or apprenticeship
- 5+ years’ experience in a machinist capacity
- Experience using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders, etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Must have a positive attitude with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Knowledge of metal properties and other material
- Outstanding mathematical skills and analytical abilities
- Excellent manual dexterity, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and teambuilding skills
- Standing for extended periods on hard surfaces
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items, up to 75 pounds
- Continuous movement; reaching, pulling, lifting, bending stooping, standing
- Visual abilities; close and distant vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company.
Copyright 2021 - Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.