Our Quality Assurance Inspector will follow standardized quality systems and procedures. This position is responsible for methods and processes necessary to assure products or services are delivered on time and in compliance to customer requirements. This role is responsible for inspection of manufactured components and supporting operations.Essential Functions
- Receive inspection requests from internal functions and from various outside processes.
- Conduct inspections at First Article, In-Process, Receiving, and Final Inspections.
- Follow inspection procedures and inspect manufactured components to print and customer specifications.
- Verify equipment and instruments used in manufacturing processes are calibrated: CMM, calipers, micrometers, depth gages, scale, height gage, etc.
- Operate CMM and video systems for inspection of parts.
- Maintain quantities and operation accountability on manufacturing control plans (job routers).
- Coordinate, monitor, log, and report internal activities of the Quality Assurance department including non-conformances, analysis of cause and corrective action, vendor issues, and schedules.
- Work with various departments to inspect and ensure components are up to company quality standards and customer standards.
- Provide clear, consistent communication with peers and management.
- Follow all safety guidelines, participate in safety training and operations meetings.
- Ensure that all responsibilities and functions performed are in accordance with company procedures and meet quality standards in place.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure a positive team collaboration environment and customer experience as their partner in precision.
Our values are the foundation to the culture on which we develop relationships and deliver results at Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. Our values - Integrity, Pride and Awareness - unify us in our effort to provide our customers with expertise, experience and meticulous attention to detail.
- As a member of the Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. team, support and maintain a positive culture by upholding our mission, values, policies and procedures.
- H.S. diploma or GED required, preferred associates, vocational school and/or on the job experience
- 2+ years’ experience in quality assurance, first run verification, corrective action investigation, inspections, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with ERP software, MS Office Suite, math and calculator functions
- Prior experience in a manufacturing setting and practices are a plus
- Must have ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Transfer of details and important instructions are key to this position
- Must be highly motivated, organized, and focused on continuous improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate trouble-shooting and problem solving to meet deadlines
- Proficient ability to detect errors and inconsistencies, provide solutions
- Ability to read/use: CMM, Calipers, Micrometer, Measuring Tape, Protractor, Digital Level, Depth Gages, Scale, Height Gage, and Pressure Gauge, etc.
- Previous experience with Microsoft office is required, PC-DMIS CMM software is preferred
- Ability to work with others in a team environment and to give/receive feedback
- Must have a positive, “can do” attitude – “jump in” and help out wherever needed
- Ability to sit for long periods at a time
- Ability to stand and walk spontaneously throughout the day
- May stand on concrete surfaces for intermittent periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, infrequently
Click here to send your resume.
Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company.
Copyright 2021 - Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.