Our experienced CMM Programmer will report to the Quality Assurance Manager. Develop, maintain, and generate CMM programs used to inspect and verify production materials and components. The role requires previous experience, innovation, and understanding time sensitivity within the Quality Assurance team.
- Demonstrate proficiency in programming, setting up, and operating CMM machines daily, using PC-DMIS (with vision preferred).
- Verify equipment and instruments used in manufacturing processes are calibrated; CMM, calipers, micrometers, depth gages, scale, height gage, etc.
- Mastery of quality control & problem-solving techniques, knowledge of key failure modes and forming processes, problem diagnosis and resolution, standards, and tolerances for each process.
- Perform 1st piece approval, daily in process and final inspections in accordance with inspection documents and sampling procedure.
- Interpreting GD&T, understanding of blueprints and inspecting to the standard.
- Carry out and document mechanical, dimensional and visual inspections of small machined parts to ensure compliance with applicable drawings, inspection documents and/or contractual requirements by using equipment such as calipers, drop indicators, micrometers, various gauges, comparators, etc.
- Assist, organize and maintain CMM database including programs, inspection reports and job setups.
- Perform First Article Inspections using AS9102 format and experience with ISO9001 standard a plus.
- Properly document, tag and withhold noncompliant parts for disposition.
- Interface with Machine Operators, Manufacturing Engineers and Design Engineers regarding technical issues and problem resolution.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure a positive team collaboration environment and customer experience, as their partner in precision.
Essential Core Values
Our values, Integrity, Pride and Awareness, are the foundations of our culture on which we develop relationships and deliver results at Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc.
Our values unify us in our effort to provide our customers with expertise, experience and meticulous attention to detail. We are Partners in Precision Manufacturing.
- As an associate of the Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. team, support and maintain a positive culture by upholding our values, policies, and procedures.
- High school diploma or GED required, preferred vocational school or and apprenticeship
- 5+ yrs. as Quality Assurance/Quality Control Inspector in a manufacturing environment
- 4+ yrs. CMM Programming experience within PC-DMIS software preferred, but not required.
- Will be required to perform competency by presenting a portfolio of work and experience.
- Experience in setup and inspection of parts on multiple CMM’s supporting the manufacturing team from first article inspection to final inspection
- Must have a positive attitude with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Communicate to peers of various departments for consistency & accuracy
- Assist in leading other inspectors (quality team members) within the area.
- Ability to inspect, test and measure materials, products, installations or work for conformance to specifications.
- Knowledge of metal properties and other material
- Outstanding mathematical skills and analytical abilities
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, punctual and regular attendance
- Available to work weekends and overtime
- Prolonged periods of standing on hard, concrete surfaces
- Extended periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
- Visual abilities: close/distant, color, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus