Our efficient Purchasing Supervisor prepares purchase orders, manages supplier development, and provides ERP support to ensure effectiveness. This role oversees; two associates within the logistics department. The Purchasing Supervisor must work closely with supply chain contacts, finance, and operations to ensure project effectiveness.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for raw material and services.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain an effective and efficient supplier database.
- Responsible for determining the most suitable suppliers in terms of reliability, product quality and cost efficiency.
- Maintain inventory of raw material, supplies and operatives.
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Identify problems, evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with others.
- Work in a flexible team work environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Monitor logistics; schedule timely delivery of parts and overseeing shipping/ receiving.
- Oversee building maintenance for consistent cleanliness for our associates.
- Advocate for a clean and organized environment. Assist operations in 5S.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure a positive customer experience, and fostering customer relationships as their partner in precision.
Essential Core Values
Our values, Integrity, Pride and Awareness, are the foundations of our culture on which we develop relationships and deliver results at Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc.
Our values unify us in our effort to provide our customers with expertise, experience and meticulous attention to detail. We are Partners in Precision Manufacturing.
- As an associate of the Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. team, support and maintain a positive culture by upholding our values, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in business, procurement, or related field (preferable)
- 2+ years’ experience as a purchasing agent or in a similar position, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office products; Outlook, Excel and Word
- Thorough competence in databases, spreadsheets, and ERP systems
- Must have ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Active listening, critical thinking and cost-effective decision making are required
- Ability to remain calm under difficult and high-pressure situations
- Proficient ability to detect errors and inconsistencies
- Ability to work with others in a team environment and to give/receive feedback
- Must bring others together to try to reconcile differences
- Must have a positive, “can do” attitude – “jump in” and help out wherever needed
- Ability to sit for long hours at a time
- Ability to stand and walk spontaneously throughout the day
- Standing on concrete surfaces for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, infrequently